Lothian Domestics is a growing family run business, established in 2015 to provide domestic appliance repair services across Edinburgh and The Lothians. We believe customer service is the cornerstone of any business and we aim for complete customer satisfaction. We have a fully transparent approach to pricing, which means we do not have any hidden charges or fees and all of our costs are explained clearly when you book a call.
For your peace of mind, our appliance engineers are all fully trained and insured for all work they carry out. Our engineers all have a wealth of knowledge when it comes to appliances and also carry a well stocked selection of parts in their van and this is why the vast majority of our jobs are completed on the first visit, resulting in a quicker turnaround for you. Every one of our appliance engineers are police vetted and carry digital identification with them at all times. You expect the best and by using us for your domestic appliance repairs, you can be sure you are getting the best.
Reasons to Choose Us
- Fully transparent and realistic pricing structure. We do not charge any hidden fees. We are so sure of our pricing, we publish all of our prices online.
- Fast, friendly & efficient service. We try to maintain capacity so that most jobs are offered an appointment the same or next day after being received.
- We have a team of engineers directly employed by us, which minimises disruption if an engineer is off sick or on holiday.
- We respond to almost all contact attempts within a few business hours, however normally much quicker. Our average response time at present is less than 6 minutes.
- We are a repair only company, we do not supply new or reconditioned appliances. This means our vans can carry thousands more spare parts as we have no space taken up by new appliances, offering a much higher chance to repair on-site. Some companies also make more money from the sale of a new appliance and will actively promote that even though it is not in your best interests, whereas you can be assured our advice is based on what is best for you.
- Our engineers are all police vetted and carry digital identification so they are easily recognisable when they arrive on-site.
- We carry a very extensive van stock, allowing over 98% of recent repair jobs to be completed on-site, on the first visit.
- We are fully insured and fully skilled to complete all work we carry out.
- We are a climate friendly company. For every customer signing up on our website, we plant a tree, which helps us to do our bit to create a sustainable future for the generations to come. We also separately offset carbon generated by our employees. To date, we have planted 13140 trees and separately offset 147.95 tonnes of carbon.
- Our labour rates are fixed to cover almost all faults, meaning you know in advance what our visit will cost with no nasty surprises.
- Letting Agents/landlords get free access to MyLothian, our exclusive in-house system which allows you to track each repair from start to finish.
- We are approved repair agents for some of the largest manufacturers out there, meaning we have the knowledge and technical backup to repair most appliances.
- We are SEPA registered, so unless advised otherwise by our customer, our engineers do not leave parts for you to dispose of after a repair, they take it all with them and dispose of it properly.
Get an instant online quote
or book an engineer's visit
, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.